Intensive outpatient treatment is an effective, affordable and flexible option
Kolmac’s measurement-based intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment for drug, alcohol and gambling addiction is just as successful as inpatient treatment. It also allows patients to live at home and go to work throughout the treatment process, which includes detoxification, IOP and continuing care.
The Kolmac team pioneered intensive outpatient treatment
In 1973, George Kolodner MD designed and implemented our intensive outpatient treatment. This was the first IOP program in the country. Since its founding, Kolmac has treated more than 30,000 patients.
Our program offers several advantages that residential rehab facilities do not.
- Evening hours to accommodate patients’ work schedules
- No admission delays so that patients can start the program in one business day
- Convenient weekly meetings for loved ones to participate in patients’ recovery
- Patients can keep working while receiving confidential treatment
- The ability to live at home, which helps patients with real-world recovery
Our program incorporates three phases of treatment
Intensive outpatient treatment at Kolmac includes the three traditional phases of treatment. It also includes integrated psychiatric services to treat common challenges and co-occurring issues like depression, anxiety and insomnia. Our recovery program overlaps detoxification, rehabilitation and continuing care sessions to facilitate a smooth transition between the three stages.
- Detoxification takes place on an outpatient basis, but patients can remain at Kolmac for up to 10 hours a day. Patients rarely require hospitalization, but it is available quickly when needed.
- Rehabilitation begins with daily sessions that last three hours each. These sessions include group therapy and education. We gradually taper the number of outpatient treatment sessions from five times to twice a week as patients stabilize. Patients also participate in individual treatment.
- Continuing care is a unique part of our outpatient treatment. It is available to Kolmac patients and patients who attended other treatment facilities and stabilized in early recovery. This phase includes group sessions once a week for two hours.
The outpatient treatment difference at Kolmac
Our IOP treatment is a more affordable, highly effective path to recovery that is just as successful as inpatient care. Patients who need help with drug and alcohol addiction enjoy our highly effective program and staff.
If you or a loved one would benefit from Kolmac’s outpatient treatment, contact us.
The Medical Mind Podcast
Hear the latest from our Founder and Chief Innovation Officer. Dr. Kolodner talks about Rethinking Withdrawal Management.