Patients can now find outpatient addiction treatment services at Kolmac
Kolmac’s mission has always been to help our patients recover from substance use disorders by delivering excellent clinical care. To build on this mission, Kolmac plans to add outpatient treatment (OP) to our continuum of care as an entry point for receiving treatment for substance use disorders. Outpatient addiction treatment is a clinically responsible level of care that is less intense than intensive outpatient (IOP).
Our new Level 1 OP program brings the 46+ years of Kolmac’s addiction treatment experience to meet the needs of people who are looking for an individual therapy approach to addiction treatment. In addition to individual therapy, medication assisted treatment (MAT) and psychiatric services are also available.
Who can benefit from outpatient addiction treatment?
Each patient is unique, so outpatient treatment is not for everyone. However, it can be beneficial for the following groups of people.
- A person who needs MAT services, such as suboxone, naltrexone or vivitrol.
- A person who needs addiction treatment but work and family responsibilities prevent them from attending treatment three or more times per week.
- Someone who notices that their drinking or drug use is starting to affect their relationships or work/school performance.
- Someone who has completed residential treatment and is looking for less intensive ongoing addiction treatment.
- A person who has been in recovery for 90 days or more and feels they need professional addiction support in order to address underlying issues related to their drinking/drug use.
If you have questions about whether outpatient addiction treatment is right for you, our team will be happy to review your needs to help you decide.
All about our outpatient treatment services
OP will be implemented at Kolmac’s Baltimore site on March 2. After establishing the program there, our team will then begin offering outpatient services at all Kolmac sites.
The design of the program has been drawn from our experience at our Yardley, Pennsylvania office, extensive dialogue with industry experts and feedback from our patients over the years. While outpatient addiction treatment will most likely appeal to patients with opioid use disorder, it is open to patients with any type of substance use disorder.
Interested in learning more about OP services at Kolmac? Contact us to find out if it’s right for you or a loved one.
The Medical Mind Podcast
Hear the latest from our Founder and Chief Innovation Officer. Dr. Kolodner talks about Rethinking Withdrawal Management.